Community Resident Assistant Manager, Full time
Location: Various Silvera Supportive Living Communities
Job Category: Full Time, full benefits after 3 months
Hours of Work: 80 hours per pay period, with the flexibility to work occasional
evenings and/or weekends
The Community Resident Assistant Manager is responsible to assist with the day-to-day operations of the Community including providing support and direction for residents and staff.
- Proactively assesses, plans and supports managing the Community within the policies and procedures developed by Silvera for Seniors and the Supportive Living Accommodation Licensing Act.
- Works as a member of the Silvera team to develop and maintain a high quality and innovative level of care for residents.
- Communicates with the management and administrative personnel regarding Community operations and identification of problem areas.
- Builds trusting relationships through hiring, training, supervising and evaluation of employees assigned to their portfolio.
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness while maintaining positive relationships with residents and their families, employees, volunteers and contractors, addressing concerns and complaints, and reporting those of serious nature to the appropriate administrative department.
- Prepares required records and reports pertaining to the operation of the Community, promotes accountability by delegating work, provides encouragement and support, shares information, advice and suggestions to promote others’ success
- Liaises with the maintenance department and reports any unsafe Community conditions.
- Conducts inspections and assists with move-ins and move outs as required.
- Actively participates in Silvera’s Health & Safety Program and demonstrates leadership in this area.
- Participates with Silvera strategic planning.
- Advanced education, preferably in healthcare, mental health, hospitality management or equivalent.
- Minimum two to five years progressive supervisory/leadership experience.
- Knowledge of a supportive living environment and operations is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are required. Proven forward thinking, resourceful and creative problem solver.
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, are essential.
- Computer literacy with an intermediate knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word, Excel and Internet usage.
- Must have own vehicle as travel will be required.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to respond to a variety of changing duties and work routines.
- On occasion will work under somewhat stressful situations.
How to Apply: External applications will be accepted until March 31, 2014.
Address: Silvera for Seniors,
Suite 804, 7015 Macleod Trail S.
Calgary, AB T2H 2K6
Fax: 403-276-9152, Attn: Human Resources